Crack sealing is an important maintenance process that stops water from seeping into cracks and further deteriorating your asphalt surface and base. Failure to seal cracks results in further cracking, potholes and eventually a major breakdown, leading to unnecessary expensive repairs. Crack sealing is an extremely economical way of maintaining pavements. Midwest suggests to crackseal yearly to prevent any further damage.
Benefits of Crack sealing:
- Waterproofing: Left unsealed, water will penetrate through the pores and cracks and disturb the base of the asphalt
- Prolongs Pavement Life: Routine maintenance can double the life of your asphalt
- Improves Appearance: The looks of your property are greatly enhanced with a deep, rich, and satiny black finish
- Saves Money: Crack sealing yearly, will help you avoid costly asphalt replacement that can cost 20-30 times more than a single maintenance procedure
Our Crack sealing Process:
- Route crack to 1” wide x 3/4 “ deep
- Blow cracks clean with high volume compressed air
- Routed reservoir will be flush filled
- Seal cracks with Crafco 535 Roadsaver cracksealer
- Sealed crack will be treated with De-Tack to prevent tracking
*** Failed cracks will be blown clean and refilled
**** Product will be applied to manufacturer’s specifications
If you would like to know more about us or have any questions about our paving services, please give us a call or send us an email. We can’t wait to hear from you!